CANADA: Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies believed to contain milk protein not on label
A warning has been announced by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), saying that people with allergies to milk protein should avoid consuming Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies. The product, which is thought to contain milk protein that is not stipulated on the label, could cause a serious reaction in people with allergies.Voortman Cookies Ltd is voluntarily recalling the product with the date code DE 25 or JA 15. They have been sold throughout Canada and the US in 300g packages and carrying a UPC of 0 67312 00140 8. So far, only one illness has been reported.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016