CANADA: Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies believed to contain milk protein not on label
A warning has been announced by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), saying that people with allergies to milk protein should avoid consuming Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies. The product, which is thought to contain milk protein that is not stipulated on the label, could cause a serious reaction in people with allergies.Voortman Cookies Ltd is voluntarily recalling the product with the date code DE 25 or JA 15. They have been sold throughout Canada and the US in 300g packages and carrying a UPC of 0 67312 00140 8. So far, only one illness has been reported.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp