CANADA: Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies believed to contain milk protein not on label
A warning has been announced by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), saying that people with allergies to milk protein should avoid consuming Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies. The product, which is thought to contain milk protein that is not stipulated on the label, could cause a serious reaction in people with allergies.Voortman Cookies Ltd is voluntarily recalling the product with the date code DE 25 or JA 15. They have been sold throughout Canada and the US in 300g packages and carrying a UPC of 0 67312 00140 8. So far, only one illness has been reported.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action