CANADA: Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies believed to contain milk protein not on label
A warning has been announced by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), saying that people with allergies to milk protein should avoid consuming Voortman Chunky Chip Cookies. The product, which is thought to contain milk protein that is not stipulated on the label, could cause a serious reaction in people with allergies.Voortman Cookies Ltd is voluntarily recalling the product with the date code DE 25 or JA 15. They have been sold throughout Canada and the US in 300g packages and carrying a UPC of 0 67312 00140 8. So far, only one illness has been reported.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target