CHINA: Wahaha "in talks to invest in AGV"
Chinese food and beverage company Wahaha Group is in talks to invest in Taiwanese rival AGV Products, according to reports.
The company is hoping to tap into AGV's R&D capabilities, the Economic Daily News reported today (30 March).
The newspaper also cited unnamed officials at AGV's parent Nice Group as saying the group may work together with Wahaha in the tourism or recreation business.
AGV is principally engaged in the manufacture, processing and trading of food, as well as a range of beverages including green tea, herb tea and milk tea and a juice series.
The company distributes its products to markets including China, Singapore, North America and Japan.
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target