UK: Waitrose appoints Stimson as retail services director
Ben Stimson took up the role at Waitrose this week
UK retailer Waitrose has promoted its head of retail operations in the south east, Ben Stimson, to the role of group retail services director.
Stimson, who was in his previous position for one year, took up the new role this week and succeeds Graham Heald, who has left the business.
In his new role, Stimson will be responsible for departments including store improvement, retail development, customer sales and support and branch and operational support.
Prior to joining Waitrose 12 months ago, Stimson worked in the retailer's sister company John Lewis as managing director for its department store in Leicester since 2010. He has also worked at BSkyB as director of responsibility and reputation.
Stimson will report in to retail director Rob Collins, who said: "Ben brings a wealth of valuable experience from different sectors - we're looking forward to him starting his new role."
Price volatility and inflation is here to stay for food manufacturers, and the tough times experienced for several years will be the new norm. Manufacturers need to move from reacting to this year on...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review