UK: Waitrose bids farewell to Delia, keeps Heston
Waitrose said Delia Smith has “other major projects and commitments” coming up this year.
Waitrose has ended its advertising tie-up with cook and TV personality Delia Smith but said it will continue to work with celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal.
The upmarket UK retailer signed a three-year deal with the two chefs in 2010, marking the supermarket's first foray into working with celebrities.
However, in a statement today (8 January), Waitrose said it will be "bidding a fond farewell" to 71-year-old Smith when her contract expires in February. The retailer said it will continue to use Fat Duck chef Blumenthal in adverts and to develop new recipes and products to "push the boundaries of supermarket innovation".
Waitrose said the decision was by "mutual agreement" and that Smith has "other major projects and commitments" coming up this year.
"It has been such a fantastic experience working together and we have been really appreciative of the work Delia has done with Waitrose," said Waitrose marketing director Rupert Thomas. "We remain on very good terms and will be continuing to work closely with her until the end of February."
UK firm The Bart Ingredients Co. has launched a range of barbecue rubs and sauces in its first major NPD since the company was rebranded last year....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities