UK: Waitrose bids farewell to Delia, keeps Heston
Waitrose said Delia Smith has “other major projects and commitments” coming up this year.
Waitrose has ended its advertising tie-up with cook and TV personality Delia Smith but said it will continue to work with celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal.
The upmarket UK retailer signed a three-year deal with the two chefs in 2010, marking the supermarket's first foray into working with celebrities.
However, in a statement today (8 January), Waitrose said it will be "bidding a fond farewell" to 71-year-old Smith when her contract expires in February. The retailer said it will continue to use Fat Duck chef Blumenthal in adverts and to develop new recipes and products to "push the boundaries of supermarket innovation".
Waitrose said the decision was by "mutual agreement" and that Smith has "other major projects and commitments" coming up this year.
"It has been such a fantastic experience working together and we have been really appreciative of the work Delia has done with Waitrose," said Waitrose marketing director Rupert Thomas. "We remain on very good terms and will be continuing to work closely with her until the end of February."
UK firm The Bart Ingredients Co. has launched a range of barbecue rubs and sauces in its first major NPD since the company was rebranded last year....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019