UK: Waitrose bids farewell to Delia, keeps Heston
Waitrose said Delia Smith has “other major projects and commitments” coming up this year.
Waitrose has ended its advertising tie-up with cook and TV personality Delia Smith but said it will continue to work with celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal.
The upmarket UK retailer signed a three-year deal with the two chefs in 2010, marking the supermarket's first foray into working with celebrities.
However, in a statement today (8 January), Waitrose said it will be "bidding a fond farewell" to 71-year-old Smith when her contract expires in February. The retailer said it will continue to use Fat Duck chef Blumenthal in adverts and to develop new recipes and products to "push the boundaries of supermarket innovation".
Waitrose said the decision was by "mutual agreement" and that Smith has "other major projects and commitments" coming up this year.
"It has been such a fantastic experience working together and we have been really appreciative of the work Delia has done with Waitrose," said Waitrose marketing director Rupert Thomas. "We remain on very good terms and will be continuing to work closely with her until the end of February."
UK firm The Bart Ingredients Co. has launched a range of barbecue rubs and sauces in its first major NPD since the company was rebranded last year....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019