UK: Waitrose, Booths form buying alliance
UK retailers Waitrose and Booths have announced plans to form a buying alliance.
The companies said today (22 September) that the deal would involve "sharing cost prices and deal structures for branded food purchased by both supermarkets on a selected range of products".
The agreement could also help Waitrose and Booths benefit from greater economies of scale, they added.
Waitrose MD Mark Price said: "This buying alliance will benefit customers of both Waitrose and Booths for the long term by ensuring that prices within both shops are highly competitive through greater supply efficiencies."
Booths chairman Edwin Booth added: "We are looking forward to the alliance between Waitrose and Booths enabling us to continue to trade strongly to the benefit of our customers."
US cereal giant Kellogg has indicated that it will remain focused on innovation in the face of global recession, with product launches expected to drive continued growth in 2009 and beyond. One major ...
It was a tale of two retailers last week, two companies separated by the English Channel. Ailing French giant Carrefour posted weak 2008 figures and laid out plans to bounce back in 2009. Meanwhile, i...
UK retailer Waitrose posted a fall in full-year operating profit today (11 March), weighing on the results of owner John Lewis....
Kellogg, the US snacks and cereal giant, is launching a bar claimed to improve brain health in the UK next week at the IFE trade exhibition in London....
Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose this afternoon (6 March) officially confirmed that it plans to launch a line of own-label foods, with the first products available in-store from Monday....
Upmarket UK retailer Waitrose is reportedly preparing to launch a lower-priced range of everyday foods....
The UK's Competition Commission is to introduce a code of practice for supermarkets in a bid to ensure the fair treatment of suppliers and address issues hindering competition in the market....
The New Covent Garden Food Co. has expanded its product range in the UK to include a line of ready meals for vegetarians....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016