UK: Waitrose embarks on first television advertising campaign
British supermarket chain Waitrose is embarking on its first £2.5m television advertising campaign in a bid to address its public image of being a little pricey. The retailer has developed four 30-second ads with its agency FBC Banks Hoggins O'Shea , each of which focuses on a staple commodity; 'Fish', 'Lamb', 'Wine' and 'Milk'. As well as offering reassurance to consumer concerns over traceability (each ad is filmed on location at the chain's suppliers), the campaign also stresses the products' value for money.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival