UK: Waitrose embarks on first television advertising campaign
British supermarket chain Waitrose is embarking on its first £2.5m television advertising campaign in a bid to address its public image of being a little pricey. The retailer has developed four 30-second ads with its agency FBC Banks Hoggins O'Shea , each of which focuses on a staple commodity; 'Fish', 'Lamb', 'Wine' and 'Milk'. As well as offering reassurance to consumer concerns over traceability (each ad is filmed on location at the chain's suppliers), the campaign also stresses the products' value for money.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund