UK: Waitrose embarks on first television advertising campaign
British supermarket chain Waitrose is embarking on its first £2.5m television advertising campaign in a bid to address its public image of being a little pricey. The retailer has developed four 30-second ads with its agency FBC Banks Hoggins O'Shea , each of which focuses on a staple commodity; 'Fish', 'Lamb', 'Wine' and 'Milk'. As well as offering reassurance to consumer concerns over traceability (each ad is filmed on location at the chain's suppliers), the campaign also stresses the products' value for money.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods