Promo Tracker: Waitrose leads promo activity in June
Waitrose led the promotional activity in the UK grocery sector last month, according to the latest data from the just-food Promo Tracker.
However, the Tracker, compiled exclusively for just-food by mysupermarket-insights.co.uk, showed the biggest month-on-month increase was at Waitrose. In May, 28.3% of its SKUs were on promotion; in June, that went up to 33.15%.
Chilled desserts broke into the top five most-promoted categories.
German food group Dr Oetker's Onken and Kraft Foods' Green & Black's moved into the top ten most-promoted brands in June.
|Supermarket||Total number of SKUs||Number of Promos||% of all SKUs on promo||Average saving per promo|
|Yogurt & Milk Drinks||65.6||£0.48|
|Baby Food & Snacks||52.61||£0.23|
|Frozen Pizza & Breads||51.61||£0.57|
|Cooked, Prepared Meat & Poultry||49.85||£0.71|
|Sausages & Burgers||42.74||£0.55|
|Fresh Vegetarian Food||41.27||£0.6|
|Frozen Ready Meals||39.23||£0.51|
|Fresh Pasta & Pasta Sauce||38.23||£0.41|
|Fresh Pizza & Chilled Bread||38.17||£0.68|
|Green & Black's||76.5||£0.75|
|Walkers (Crisps, Snacks & Dips)||71.8||£0.49|
Sectors: Baby food, Bakery, Canned food, Cereal, Chilled foods, Condiments, dressings & sauces, Confectionery, Dairy, Dried foods, Fresh produce, Frozen, Ice cream, Meat & poultry, Natural & organic, Private label, Retailers, Seafood, Snacks, World foods
Suppliers and retailers have a mass of data on consumer behaviour but Shopper iQ believes it provides vital information its rivals do not. Roger Jackson, the service's founder, argues there is a lack ...
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch