UK: Waitrose, M&S get ready to sell first commercially farmed cod - MEMBERS
Aquascot, the Scottish fishery, is expected to start selling fish to commercially farmed cod to UK retailers next year. According to an article in The Grocer trade magazine, Aquascot will start selling to upmarket retailers Marks & Spencer and Waitrose next year. Aquascot owns the first entirely commercial cod hatchery, on the Ardtaraig estate near Dunoon on the western coast of Scotland. This year the hatchery is raising 150,000 fish, with this figure set to rise to half a million next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up