UK: Waitrose, M&S get ready to sell first commercially farmed cod - MEMBERS
Aquascot, the Scottish fishery, is expected to start selling fish to commercially farmed cod to UK retailers next year. According to an article in The Grocer trade magazine, Aquascot will start selling to upmarket retailers Marks & Spencer and Waitrose next year. Aquascot owns the first entirely commercial cod hatchery, on the Ardtaraig estate near Dunoon on the western coast of Scotland. This year the hatchery is raising 150,000 fish, with this figure set to rise to half a million next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry