UK: Waitrose, M&S get ready to sell first commercially farmed cod - MEMBERS
Aquascot, the Scottish fishery, is expected to start selling fish to commercially farmed cod to UK retailers next year. According to an article in The Grocer trade magazine, Aquascot will start selling to upmarket retailers Marks & Spencer and Waitrose next year. Aquascot owns the first entirely commercial cod hatchery, on the Ardtaraig estate near Dunoon on the western coast of Scotland. This year the hatchery is raising 150,000 fish, with this figure set to rise to half a million next year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark