UK: Waitrose posts record results from a "very busy year"
Strong H2 sales heralding a 15.2% increase on 1999 have been recorded at supermarket chain Waitrose , part of the John Lewis retailing group, and the company commented that 2000 was a "very busy year" in which many new targets were set. The group opened seventeen new or converted stores throughout the UK during 2000, and for the first time revenue surpassed £2bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund