UK: Waitrose posts record results from a "very busy year"
Strong H2 sales heralding a 15.2% increase on 1999 have been recorded at supermarket chain Waitrose , part of the John Lewis retailing group, and the company commented that 2000 was a "very busy year" in which many new targets were set. The group opened seventeen new or converted stores throughout the UK during 2000, and for the first time revenue surpassed £2bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival