UK: Waitrose reviewing retail services division
Waitrose is still conducting a review of the services unit
Waitrose intends to reshape its retail services division to reflect changes to the food retailer's growth profile.
Specific details of the restructure are not yet known and Waitrose is still conducting a review of the services unit, a spokesperson for the high-end food retailer confirmed to just-food today (18 January).
"We began a phased review of our retail services division last year, to ensure the operation is organised in a way that reflects how our business has grown and to enable us to maintain the enormously important support that our Partners provide to branches," said Waitrose, which is part of the John Lewis Partnership. It is consulting with partners on proposed changes.
The retailer has sought to expand its reach in the UK grocery market, via fast-growing online sales, the opening of more Little Waitrose convenience stores and investment behind price-matching key items in its essential range with Tesco.
Of the services review, the group added: "Some roles will change during this process and there will be opportunities for those affected by the review to be redeployed within the John Lewis Partnership."
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details