UK: Waitrose reviewing retail services division
Waitrose is still conducting a review of the services unit
Waitrose intends to reshape its retail services division to reflect changes to the food retailer's growth profile.
Specific details of the restructure are not yet known and Waitrose is still conducting a review of the services unit, a spokesperson for the high-end food retailer confirmed to just-food today (18 January).
"We began a phased review of our retail services division last year, to ensure the operation is organised in a way that reflects how our business has grown and to enable us to maintain the enormously important support that our Partners provide to branches," said Waitrose, which is part of the John Lewis Partnership. It is consulting with partners on proposed changes.
The retailer has sought to expand its reach in the UK grocery market, via fast-growing online sales, the opening of more Little Waitrose convenience stores and investment behind price-matching key items in its essential range with Tesco.
Of the services review, the group added: "Some roles will change during this process and there will be opportunities for those affected by the review to be redeployed within the John Lewis Partnership."
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities