UK: Waitrose reviewing retail services division
Waitrose is still conducting a review of the services unit
Waitrose intends to reshape its retail services division to reflect changes to the food retailer's growth profile.
Specific details of the restructure are not yet known and Waitrose is still conducting a review of the services unit, a spokesperson for the high-end food retailer confirmed to just-food today (18 January).
"We began a phased review of our retail services division last year, to ensure the operation is organised in a way that reflects how our business has grown and to enable us to maintain the enormously important support that our Partners provide to branches," said Waitrose, which is part of the John Lewis Partnership. It is consulting with partners on proposed changes.
The retailer has sought to expand its reach in the UK grocery market, via fast-growing online sales, the opening of more Little Waitrose convenience stores and investment behind price-matching key items in its essential range with Tesco.
Of the services review, the group added: "Some roles will change during this process and there will be opportunities for those affected by the review to be redeployed within the John Lewis Partnership."
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights