UK: Waitrose targets London in convenience push
Waitrose eyes c-store openings
Waitrose has confirmed that it plans to open ten new London-based Little Waitrose convenience stores this year.
The convenience outlets will be located in central London, a spokesperson for the retailer told just-food. The move represents the "largest number of new stores" the retailer has "ever opened in inner London" within a single year, doubling Waitrose convenience offering in the area, the spokesperson emphasised.
Currently, Waitrose operates 36 convenience stores throughout the UK.
The new London locations are still to be confirmed, but the first new outlet will open in Vaixhall this spring.
"London is an important part of our heritage and this another major milestone for our business. It demonstrates our ambition to continue increasing our presence and improving our accessibility to those in the capital who wish to shop with us," development director Nigel Keen said.
Waitrose also plans to open a full sized supermarket this summer in Greenwich as part of the New Capital Quay development.
UK snacks firm New York Delhi has secured a listing with Australia's largest retailer Woolworths Ltd but the company insists it is aiming to grow without "selling out" to the large supermarket chains....
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, is to test new management structures in seven stores it plans to open later this year....
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights