UK: Waitrose targets London in convenience push
Waitrose eyes c-store openings
Waitrose has confirmed that it plans to open ten new London-based Little Waitrose convenience stores this year.
The convenience outlets will be located in central London, a spokesperson for the retailer told just-food. The move represents the "largest number of new stores" the retailer has "ever opened in inner London" within a single year, doubling Waitrose convenience offering in the area, the spokesperson emphasised.
Currently, Waitrose operates 36 convenience stores throughout the UK.
The new London locations are still to be confirmed, but the first new outlet will open in Vaixhall this spring.
"London is an important part of our heritage and this another major milestone for our business. It demonstrates our ambition to continue increasing our presence and improving our accessibility to those in the capital who wish to shop with us," development director Nigel Keen said.
Waitrose also plans to open a full sized supermarket this summer in Greenwich as part of the New Capital Quay development.
UK snacks firm New York Delhi has secured a listing with Australia's largest retailer Woolworths Ltd but the company insists it is aiming to grow without "selling out" to the large supermarket chains....
Morrisons, the UK's fourth-largest grocer, is to test new management structures in seven stores it plans to open later this year....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report