USA: Wal-Mart 2nd quarter 2001 earnings release
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported record earnings and sales for the quarter ended July 31, 2001. Net income for the quarter was $1.622 billion, up from $1.596 billion for the similar prior year quarter. Earnings per share were $0.36 flat with the $0.36 per share reported in the same prior year quarter. Total sales were $52.799 billion, an increase of 14.5 percent over the similar prior year quarter. Excluding the effect of the one-time charge for the reorganization resulting from the purchase of the minority interest in Walmart.com, earnings per share would have been $0.37 for the quarter ended July 31, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery