USA: Wal-Mart 2nd quarter 2001 earnings release
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported record earnings and sales for the quarter ended July 31, 2001. Net income for the quarter was $1.622 billion, up from $1.596 billion for the similar prior year quarter. Earnings per share were $0.36 flat with the $0.36 per share reported in the same prior year quarter. Total sales were $52.799 billion, an increase of 14.5 percent over the similar prior year quarter. Excluding the effect of the one-time charge for the reorganization resulting from the purchase of the minority interest in Walmart.com, earnings per share would have been $0.37 for the quarter ended July 31, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti