PUERTO RICO: Wal-Mart announces acquisition of Supermercados Amigo
Wal-Mart Puerto Rico announced yesterday [Wednesday] that it has acquired Supermercados Amigo , the number one supermarket chain in Puerto Rico. Supermercados Amigo's 35 supermarkets and its more than 4,500 store employees will join Wal-Mart's Puerto Rican operation to further extend the company's every day low price philosophy to new locations around the island, according to Bill Cahill, president of Wal-Mart Puerto Rico.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg's 1894 fund debut investment in Kuli Kuli