ITALY/USA: Wal-Mart could be eyeing Italy as next EU market
US supermarket giant Wal-Mart , already No. 1 in the world thanks to its global operations, is reported to be planning further expansion in Europe and entry into Italy - and may do so even through strategic partnership with established outlets. "We are a group with strong global vocation," Wal-Mart Chairman and CEO John Menzer is quoted as announcing in Italy's main business daily newspaper
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter