USA: Wal-Mart declares dividend
The board of directors of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. declared a quarterly cash dividend on the common stock of six cents ($.06) per share, payable Jan. 8, 2001, to shareholders of record on Dec. 22, 2000. As of Oct. 31, 2000, the company had 1,723 Wal-Mart stores, 866 Supercenters, 469 SAMÕS Clubs and 15 Neighborhood Markets in the United States. Internationally, the company operated units in Argentina (11), Brazil (18), Canada (169), China (8), Germany (95), Korea (6), Mexico (483), Puerto Rico (15) and United Kingdom (240). Wal-Mart employs more than 885,000 associates in the United States and 255,000 internationally. Its securities are listed on the New York and Pacific stock exchanges.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea