AUSTRALIA: Wal-Mart director tells Woolworths to improve efficiencies
Australian supermarket operator Woolworths needs to improve efficiencies if it is to progress on the global stage, according to a director of US retail giant Wal-Mart. "As lean as they are, I keep telling them they could be even better and that doesn't mean you take people away from the checkouts at the store and the people out of the meat department, it means that the efficiencies of the process can be improved," Wal-Mart's Jack Shewmaker told Channel Nine in Australia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund