AUSTRALIA: Wal-Mart director tells Woolworths to improve efficiencies
Australian supermarket operator Woolworths needs to improve efficiencies if it is to progress on the global stage, according to a director of US retail giant Wal-Mart. "As lean as they are, I keep telling them they could be even better and that doesn't mean you take people away from the checkouts at the store and the people out of the meat department, it means that the efficiencies of the process can be improved," Wal-Mart's Jack Shewmaker told Channel Nine in Australia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth