AUSTRALIA: Wal-Mart director tells Woolworths to improve efficiencies
Australian supermarket operator Woolworths needs to improve efficiencies if it is to progress on the global stage, according to a director of US retail giant Wal-Mart. "As lean as they are, I keep telling them they could be even better and that doesn't mean you take people away from the checkouts at the store and the people out of the meat department, it means that the efficiencies of the process can be improved," Wal-Mart's Jack Shewmaker told Channel Nine in Australia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat