US: Wal-Mart establishes eastern HQ
Wal-Mart announced today (24 March) that its new eastern business unit will be headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
Wal-Mart's eastern business unit is comprised of nearly 1,600 stores in 20 states spanning from Florida to Maine with approximately 560,000 associates.
The eastern business unit will be led by newly appointed president of Wal-Mart East and executive vice president of Wal-Mart US, Rosalind Brewer.
"With the busiest airport in the world and a central location, Georgia is the ideal destination for our eastern business unit," Brewer commented. "Atlanta has a strong history of corporate and divisional headquarters and we're delighted to join this group and spotlight the city within our global organisation."
In her new role, Brewer is responsible for establishing the strategic direction for the eastern business unit, including growth opportunities in store innovation, people development, supply chain and real estate, Wal-Mart said.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image