PUERTO RICO: Wal-Mart given go-ahead to buy Amigo chain
Puerto Rico's justice department has given the go ahead to US retail giant Wal-Mart to purchase the Puerto Rican supermarket chain Supermercados Amigo. Justice Secretary Anabelle Rodriguez said Wal-Mart had agreed to maintain the current number of employees for ten years and would not substitute full-time employees with part-time employees.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund