USA: Wal-Mart - home improvements - COMMENT
Wal-Mart plans to increase retail space by 9% in the coming fiscal year. Another year, another 46 million square feet of retail space. Wal-Mart's ambitious new expansion plans are well timed, as the weakening economy drives consumers towards cheaper grocery outlets. The company must secure and expand its US revenue stream to ensure pockets deep enough for additional long-term overseas investments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast