USA: Wal-Mart increases dividend by 18 percent
The Board of Directors of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., approved an 18 percent increase in the dividend to 28 cents ($0.28) per share annually. The dividend is payable quarterly at the rate of 7 cents ($0.07) with the first payable date on April 9, 2001 to shareholders of record on March 23, 2001. Based upon this announced increase, the Company plans to return more than 1.2 billion dollars to its shareholders this year. Wal-Mart has increased its dividend every year since its first declared dividend in March, 1974.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs