USA: Wal-Mart increases dividend by 18 percent
The Board of Directors of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., approved an 18 percent increase in the dividend to 28 cents ($0.28) per share annually. The dividend is payable quarterly at the rate of 7 cents ($0.07) with the first payable date on April 9, 2001 to shareholders of record on March 23, 2001. Based upon this announced increase, the Company plans to return more than 1.2 billion dollars to its shareholders this year. Wal-Mart has increased its dividend every year since its first declared dividend in March, 1974.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods