USA: Wal-Mart increases dividend by 18 percent
The Board of Directors of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., approved an 18 percent increase in the dividend to 28 cents ($0.28) per share annually. The dividend is payable quarterly at the rate of 7 cents ($0.07) with the first payable date on April 9, 2001 to shareholders of record on March 23, 2001. Based upon this announced increase, the Company plans to return more than 1.2 billion dollars to its shareholders this year. Wal-Mart has increased its dividend every year since its first declared dividend in March, 1974.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations