INDIA: Wal-Mart JV to open more cash-and-carries
Wal-Mart Stores has confirmed it plans to expand its cash-and-carry network in India by the end of the year.
A spokesperson for the retail giant said its Bharti Wal-Mart venture would open between three and seven more stores by the end of the year. It has 17 cash-and-carries in India at present.
Bharti Wal-Mart saw its sales reportedly double in 2011 although its losses increased.
From a sustainability standpoint, 2012 might be characterised as a year when the world went backwards - or at a pinch stayed still - but the food industry moved forward, writes Ben Cooper....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights