POLAND/USA: Wal-Mart may enter Poland via buyout of Casino stores
The world's biggest retailer, Wal-Mart Stores, is reported to have entered into talks concerning the possible takeover of the Polish Géant hypemarket chain and Leader Price discount stores, both of which are owned by French retail group Casino. Wal-Mart has over 1,000 international stores outside of the US, none of which are in Poland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth