US: Wal-Mart nominates two more indie directors
Wal-Mart has put forward two more independent directors - including the former CFO of its Japanese operations - for nomination to its board.
Gregory Penner, a former Wal-Mart executive and now general partner at Madrone Capital Partners, and will go up for election at the retail giant's AGM in June.
The nomination of Arne Sorenson, CFO of hotel chain Marriott International, will also be put to a vote at the meeting.
Despite the GBP50bn (US$88bn) bank rescue package announced this morning (8 October) by the UK government, the crisis in the financial markets is still making its presence felt on the UK high street. ...
Wal-Mart is following the lead set by Tesco by testing a smaller, neighbourhood supermarket concept in the US, and the retail giant is not the only grocer to be moving in this direction. Ben Cooper re...
US retailer Wal-Mart is hoping a revamp of its Japanese subsidiary Seiyu will boost profits from the business....
Wal-Mart China has opened a new "eco store", located in the Chaoyang district of Beijing....
Wal-Mart has revealed that its new Marketside stores will boast a product line-up focusing on fresh foods and prepared meals at "everyday prices"....
The fall-out from the melamine scandal in China rumbled on this week, with claims that Sanlu Group, the Chinese dairy at the heart of the scare tried to cover up the outbreak when it first emerged....
Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, has said that it aims to reduce its global plastic bag waste by one-third by 2013....
Wal-Mart has remained silent on rumours that the retail giant is planning to open an outlet in Sundsvall, northern Sweden....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti