JAPAN/USA: Wal-Mart poised to hike stake in Seiyu
US retail behemoth Wal-Mart looks set to raise its stake in beleaguered partner Seiyu of Japan. Wal-Mart has an option to raise its holding in the Japanese supermarket operator from 6.1% to 33.4%, and Reuters reports that the US giant is poised to exercise this option now that Seiyu has located a purchaser for its debt-ridden financing division, Tokyo City Finance (TCF).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch