USA: Wal-Mart post good January sales
Our sales results for the period will be released on a five-week basis due to the calendar shift this year. Therefore, this year's sales reporting period included the five weeks ended Friday, Feb. 2, and compares with the five weeks ended Feb. 4 last year. For the five-week period, comparable sales were up 5.0 percent at the Wal-Mart division and 9.9 percent at the clubs. Total company comparable sales increased 6.0 percent for the five-week period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs