USA: Wal-Mart - repeating US dominance elsewhere will take time - COMMENT (Members)
JP Morgan believes Wal-Mart is better placed than its competitors to cope with a recession. Retail analysts at the US bank have stated that "Wal-Mart's fundamentals far outpace its peers", and therefore that it is better placed to survive the current weak economic outlook. This is true for its US operations, but international activities are increasingly important for the retail giant. Outside Wal-Mart's home market, the picture becomes less clear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning