USA: Wal-Mart reports August 2001 sales
The Wal-Mart division's sales for the four-week period were $10.535 billion, up 15.2 percent over sales of $9.148 billion in the similar prior-year period. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported net sales for the four-week period ending Aug. 31, 2001, of $16.531 billion, an increase of 14.3 percent over the $14.457 billion in the similar period in the prior year. Sales for the 30-week period were $119.325 billion, an increase of 13.2 percent over the $105.407 billion in the similar period in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations