USA: Wal-Mart reports March sales
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported net sales for the five-week period ending April 6, 2001, of $18.770 billion, an increase of 11.3 percent over the $16.868 billion in the similar period in the prior year. Sales for the nine-week period were $33.655 billion, an increase of 11.5 percent over the $30.184 billion in the similar period in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre