USA: Wal-Mart reports May sales
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported net sales for the four-week period ending June 1, 2001, of $16.440 billion, an increase of 12.5 percent over the $14.610 billion in the similar period in the prior year. Sales for the 17-week period were $66.259 billion, an increase of 12.3 percent over the $58.990 billion in the similar period in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre