USA: Wal-Mart Reports record sales and earnings and increase in share repurchase program
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported record earnings and sales for the quarter ended Apr. 30, 2001. Net income for the quarter was $1.380 billion, up from $1.326 billion for the similar prior year quarter. Earnings per share were $0.31 up 3.3 percent from the $0.30 per share reported in the same prior year quarter. Total sales were $48.052 billion, an increase of 11.8 percent over the similar prior year quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO