USA: Wal-Mart Reports record sales and earnings and increase in share repurchase program
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported record earnings and sales for the quarter ended Apr. 30, 2001. Net income for the quarter was $1.380 billion, up from $1.326 billion for the similar prior year quarter. Earnings per share were $0.31 up 3.3 percent from the $0.30 per share reported in the same prior year quarter. Total sales were $48.052 billion, an increase of 11.8 percent over the similar prior year quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance