USA: Wal-Mart reports record sales and earnings for quarter and year
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported record earnings and sales for the quarter ended Jan. 31, 2001. Net income for the quarter was $2.004 billion, up from $1.917 billion for the similar prior year quarter. Earnings per share were $0.45 up 4.7 percent from the $0.43 per share reported in the same prior year quarter. Total sales were $56.556 billion, an increase of 10.0 percent over the similar prior year quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action