USA: Wal-Mart reports record sales and earnings for quarter and year
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. reported record earnings and sales for the quarter ended Jan. 31, 2001. Net income for the quarter was $2.004 billion, up from $1.917 billion for the similar prior year quarter. Earnings per share were $0.45 up 4.7 percent from the $0.43 per share reported in the same prior year quarter. Total sales were $56.556 billion, an increase of 10.0 percent over the similar prior year quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark