BRAZIL: Wal-Mart seen as top contender for Bompreco - report
US retail giant Wal-Mart is now seen as the most likely contender to buy Ahold's Bompreco supermarket chain, despite earlier doubts about whether Wal-Mart would make a serious bid for the chain. "In the beginning nobody thought this could happen," Basilio Ramalho, a retail sector analyst with Unibanco in Sao Paulo, was quoted by Dow Jones as saying. "Nowadays a lot of people, and not just analysts, say they hear Wal-Mart will be the most aggressive bidder."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review