BRAZIL: Wal-Mart seen as top contender for Bompreco - report
US retail giant Wal-Mart is now seen as the most likely contender to buy Ahold's Bompreco supermarket chain, despite earlier doubts about whether Wal-Mart would make a serious bid for the chain. "In the beginning nobody thought this could happen," Basilio Ramalho, a retail sector analyst with Unibanco in Sao Paulo, was quoted by Dow Jones as saying. "Nowadays a lot of people, and not just analysts, say they hear Wal-Mart will be the most aggressive bidder."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund