US/UK: Wal-Mart takes Asda COO for global strategy role
McKenna takes Wal-Mart global strategy role
Wal-Mart International has appointed the COO of its UK-based Asda supermarket chain, Judith McKenna, as its executive VP of strategy and international development.
McKenna will relocate for her new role in April. The job will involve taking a lead in several areas including strategy, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, integration and purchase leverage.
"She will help define International’s strategic growth, ensuring international markets work more effectively together across the company," said Asda today (11 January).
Asda does not intend to replace McKenna. Instead, her job will be divided between existing employees, to take effect from 28 January.
Mark Ibbotson will promoted to the executive team as retail director. Meanwhile, Karen Hubbard will take on multichannel strategy and Asda Direct, alongside her existing accountability for in-store proposition and retail development. Lastly, CMO Steve Smith will take control of Asda's financial services business.
UK cooked and frozen meat products manufacturer Snowbird Foods is to be sold in a management buy-out....
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Colian hungry for international growth - interview
- How discounters unsettling Australia's food sector
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- US food labels to include "added sugars" info
- General Mills invests in another US SME
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Kraft Heinz to expand US plant
- ABP Food Group names COO Frank Stephenson new CEO