US/UK: Wal-Mart takes Asda COO for global strategy role
McKenna takes Wal-Mart global strategy role
Wal-Mart International has appointed the COO of its UK-based Asda supermarket chain, Judith McKenna, as its executive VP of strategy and international development.
McKenna will relocate for her new role in April. The job will involve taking a lead in several areas including strategy, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, integration and purchase leverage.
"She will help define International’s strategic growth, ensuring international markets work more effectively together across the company," said Asda today (11 January).
Asda does not intend to replace McKenna. Instead, her job will be divided between existing employees, to take effect from 28 January.
Mark Ibbotson will promoted to the executive team as retail director. Meanwhile, Karen Hubbard will take on multichannel strategy and Asda Direct, alongside her existing accountability for in-store proposition and retail development. Lastly, CMO Steve Smith will take control of Asda's financial services business.
UK cooked and frozen meat products manufacturer Snowbird Foods is to be sold in a management buy-out....
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)