USA: Wal-Mart to fight California grocery restriction
US retail giant Wal-Mart has announced its intention to go forward with a referendum petition in Inglewood, California. The petition is in response to a recently adopted ordinance by the Inglewood City Council that prohibits any retail store over 155,000 square feet that sells over 20,000 non-taxable items such as food.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega