USA: Wal-Mart to open new food distribution centre in Grandview, Washington
US retailing behemoth Wal-Mart Stores has selected Grandview, Wash., as the site for a new food distribution centre. The project will result in up to 600 permanent jobs for area residents. The 880,000ft² facility will begin construction in the fall of 2002 with planned service to stores expected in the fall of 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival