JAPAN/USA: Wal-Mart ups Seiyu stake, shuffles execs
US retail giant Wal-Mart is to take majority control of its Japanese affiliate Seiyu in a deal that will also see Seiyu's main bank Mizuho Corporate Bank inject funds by buying new shares in the struggling Japanese retailer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs