USA: Wal-Mart - when in Europe, go Dutch - COMMENT (members)
PwC has said Wal-Mart plans to develop retail partners in Europe. This would be a major change of strategy, as previously Wal-Mart has 'gone it alone' when entering new markets. The change may be down to Wal-Mart's difficulties in Germany. Whilst the Asda purchase in the UK has been successful, Wal-Mart may now need to follow an expansion strategy in Europe more reminiscent of its Dutch rival Ahold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review