USA: Wal-Mart - when in Europe, go Dutch - COMMENT (members)
PwC has said Wal-Mart plans to develop retail partners in Europe. This would be a major change of strategy, as previously Wal-Mart has 'gone it alone' when entering new markets. The change may be down to Wal-Mart's difficulties in Germany. Whilst the Asda purchase in the UK has been successful, Wal-Mart may now need to follow an expansion strategy in Europe more reminiscent of its Dutch rival Ahold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units