USA: Wal-Mart - when in Europe, go Dutch - COMMENT (members)
PwC has said Wal-Mart plans to develop retail partners in Europe. This would be a major change of strategy, as previously Wal-Mart has 'gone it alone' when entering new markets. The change may be down to Wal-Mart's difficulties in Germany. Whilst the Asda purchase in the UK has been successful, Wal-Mart may now need to follow an expansion strategy in Europe more reminiscent of its Dutch rival Ahold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance