USA: Wal-Mart/Amazon - an alliance of unequals - COMMENT
Wal-Mart and Amazon are rumored to be considering an alliance. A strategic alliance would be a major boost for Amazon, giving it cheaper supplies as well as the cash it urgently needs. It would also benefit Wal-Mart by enhancing its online reach, particularly internationally. However, Wal-Mart will not want to lose online revenues to an external firm. If successful, it may well go on to buy the troubled eRetailer itself.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival