USA: Wal-Mart/Amazon - an alliance of unequals - COMMENT
Wal-Mart and Amazon are rumored to be considering an alliance. A strategic alliance would be a major boost for Amazon, giving it cheaper supplies as well as the cash it urgently needs. It would also benefit Wal-Mart by enhancing its online reach, particularly internationally. However, Wal-Mart will not want to lose online revenues to an external firm. If successful, it may well go on to buy the troubled eRetailer itself.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations