USA: Wal-Mart/Amazon - an alliance of unequals - COMMENT
Wal-Mart and Amazon are rumored to be considering an alliance. A strategic alliance would be a major boost for Amazon, giving it cheaper supplies as well as the cash it urgently needs. It would also benefit Wal-Mart by enhancing its online reach, particularly internationally. However, Wal-Mart will not want to lose online revenues to an external firm. If successful, it may well go on to buy the troubled eRetailer itself.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti