USA: Wal-Mart/Amazon - an alliance of unequals - COMMENT
Wal-Mart and Amazon are rumored to be considering an alliance. A strategic alliance would be a major boost for Amazon, giving it cheaper supplies as well as the cash it urgently needs. It would also benefit Wal-Mart by enhancing its online reach, particularly internationally. However, Wal-Mart will not want to lose online revenues to an external firm. If successful, it may well go on to buy the troubled eRetailer itself.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth