UK: Wal-Mart's Asda to open standalone clothing stores
UK supermarket chain Asda, a unit of US retail giant Wal-Mart, is to open two standalone George clothing stores in September. So far, Asda's George range of clothing has been sold only within its supermarket stores, and the planned standalone stores demonstrate Asda's aim to increase its 2.5% share of the UK clothing market, reported Dow Jones News.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund