US: Wal-Mart's Khasis appointment to "enhance" new format strategy
Wal-Mart looks to grow new formats
Wal-Mart has appointed Lev Khasis to the post of president and chief executive of new formats at Wal-Mart International, in a move the retail giant indicated would enhance its ability to develop new formats.
Khasis has worked at Wal-Mart since 2011 as SVP and chief leverage officer of Wal-Mart International. Prior to this, he held various positions in the Russian food retail sector, including CEO of Russia's largest retailer X5 Retail Group.
A spokesperson for Wal-Mart told just-food the appointment would help Wal-Mart in the development of new retail formats.
"Today, we operate multiple formats to expand our customer reach and Lev's work will further enhance our capabilities in this respect. While we maintain our focus on delivering great products to our customers, it's important we work to test and experiment potential formats - all with the goal of saving people money so they live better," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson added that Khasis has a "track record developing innovative formats" from his experience before joining our company.
New formats developed under Khasis would potentially be "deployed across our markets to provide future growth", the spokesperson concluded.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020