US: Wal-Mart's Khasis appointment to "enhance" new format strategy
Wal-Mart looks to grow new formats
Wal-Mart has appointed Lev Khasis to the post of president and chief executive of new formats at Wal-Mart International, in a move the retail giant indicated would enhance its ability to develop new formats.
Khasis has worked at Wal-Mart since 2011 as SVP and chief leverage officer of Wal-Mart International. Prior to this, he held various positions in the Russian food retail sector, including CEO of Russia's largest retailer X5 Retail Group.
A spokesperson for Wal-Mart told just-food the appointment would help Wal-Mart in the development of new retail formats.
"Today, we operate multiple formats to expand our customer reach and Lev's work will further enhance our capabilities in this respect. While we maintain our focus on delivering great products to our customers, it's important we work to test and experiment potential formats - all with the goal of saving people money so they live better," the spokesperson said.
The spokesperson added that Khasis has a "track record developing innovative formats" from his experience before joining our company.
New formats developed under Khasis would potentially be "deployed across our markets to provide future growth", the spokesperson concluded.
X5 Retail Group became more active in 2011-2012, and opened four new stores. X5 Retail Group plans to continue its expansion, and open new stores itself, as well as through franchising schemes. One of...
Food Retail in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descri...
Food Retail - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide is an essential resource for top-level data and analysis covering the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Food Retail industry. The rep...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's