MEXICO: Wal-Mart's Mexican expansion
Wal-Mart has substantially expanded its presence in Mexico over the past year with plans to grow its presence further. In March of this year, sales (adjusted for inflation) rose 18.3% from the same period one year earlier. Roughly half of the sales increase was attributable to the opening of new stores and service units. Wal-Mart has recently opened a discount store (Bodega Aurrera) in Guerrero and three food service units located in Baja California, Tabasco, and Veracruz. As of 1 April, it operated a total of 506 retail establishments' nation-wide including supermarkets, department stores, and restaurants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target