MEXICO: Wal-Mart's Mexican expansion
Wal-Mart has substantially expanded its presence in Mexico over the past year with plans to grow its presence further. In March of this year, sales (adjusted for inflation) rose 18.3% from the same period one year earlier. Roughly half of the sales increase was attributable to the opening of new stores and service units. Wal-Mart has recently opened a discount store (Bodega Aurrera) in Guerrero and three food service units located in Baja California, Tabasco, and Veracruz. As of 1 April, it operated a total of 506 retail establishments' nation-wide including supermarkets, department stores, and restaurants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review