MEXICO: Wal-Mart's Mexican expansion
Wal-Mart has substantially expanded its presence in Mexico over the past year with plans to grow its presence further. In March of this year, sales (adjusted for inflation) rose 18.3% from the same period one year earlier. Roughly half of the sales increase was attributable to the opening of new stores and service units. Wal-Mart has recently opened a discount store (Bodega Aurrera) in Guerrero and three food service units located in Baja California, Tabasco, and Veracruz. As of 1 April, it operated a total of 506 retail establishments' nation-wide including supermarkets, department stores, and restaurants.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund