UK: Wales abandons GM-free stand
Welsh rural affairs minister Carwyn Jones has confirmed that Wales will be abandoning its stand to remain an official GM-free zone. Speaking to the Welsh assembly in Cardiff last week, Jones explained that should the country maintain is defiance against GM crops, it will effectively be breaking community law and thus face a hefty EU fine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs