UK: Walkers Crisps launches vegetarian cheese & onion crisps
PepsiCo subsidiary Walkers is to relaunch its Cheese & Onion flavour crisps in February so that they will be suitable for vegetarians. The popular crisp variety is currently made using animal rennet. Members of the Vegetarian Society and visitors to the Society's website nominated the variety as the product they would most like to consumer if it were suitable for vegetarians. In response to winning the (Im)perfect World award, the company announced that it has been able to develop a cheese and onion flavouring that is animal rennet-free and still satisfies flavour standards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti