UK: Walkers Crisps launches vegetarian cheese & onion crisps
PepsiCo subsidiary Walkers is to relaunch its Cheese & Onion flavour crisps in February so that they will be suitable for vegetarians. The popular crisp variety is currently made using animal rennet. Members of the Vegetarian Society and visitors to the Society's website nominated the variety as the product they would most like to consumer if it were suitable for vegetarians. In response to winning the (Im)perfect World award, the company announced that it has been able to develop a cheese and onion flavouring that is animal rennet-free and still satisfies flavour standards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea