UK: Walkers Crisps launches vegetarian cheese & onion crisps
PepsiCo subsidiary Walkers is to relaunch its Cheese & Onion flavour crisps in February so that they will be suitable for vegetarians. The popular crisp variety is currently made using animal rennet. Members of the Vegetarian Society and visitors to the Society's website nominated the variety as the product they would most like to consumer if it were suitable for vegetarians. In response to winning the (Im)perfect World award, the company announced that it has been able to develop a cheese and onion flavouring that is animal rennet-free and still satisfies flavour standards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant