UK: Walkers Crisps launches vegetarian cheese & onion crisps
PepsiCo subsidiary Walkers is to relaunch its Cheese & Onion flavour crisps in February so that they will be suitable for vegetarians. The popular crisp variety is currently made using animal rennet. Members of the Vegetarian Society and visitors to the Society's website nominated the variety as the product they would most like to consumer if it were suitable for vegetarians. In response to winning the (Im)perfect World award, the company announced that it has been able to develop a cheese and onion flavouring that is animal rennet-free and still satisfies flavour standards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex