UK: Walkers Shortbread to build production facility
UK biscuit and cake maker Walkers Shortbread is planning to build a new plant to boost production capacity.
Walkers Shortbread has submitted an application to extend the production facilities at its Aberlour site in Scotland. It wants to build a 3,500sq m factory to produce a variety of products, including shortbread, biscuits and mincemeat tarts.
If the plans are approved, around 30 permanent jobs will be created, Walkers Shortbread said. The company employs 1,100, which rises to 1,600 between May and December due to seasonal demand.
Walkers Shortbread said its sales increased 10% in 2011. Exports accounted for 40% of revenue.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp