MEXICO: Walmex May same-store sales beat expectations
Mexican retailer Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) has reported a 6.9% rise in same-store sales for the month of May, compared to the same month last year. The rise was higher than had been forecast by a Reuters poll of five analysts, who predicted on average an increase of 5%. Walmex' total sales for May were 9.7bn pesos (US$910.4m), a rise of 12.3% from May 2002 after adjustment for inflation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund