REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Walsh defends department's valuation of Cooley sheep
The Minister for Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Mr Joe Walsh TD, has defended his Department`s approach to the valuation of sheep culled on the Cooley Peninsula in the context of the Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) outbreak there. Minister Walsh explained that the policy of the Department, as provided for by law, is to pay the market value of animals culled for FMD reasons. Following representations from the IFA when the cull in Cooley was at an advanced stage, the Department had accepted that certain sheep farmers appeared to have a case for review of their initial valuations. The Department made a commitment that it would conduct such a review along lines which were generally understood. The basis of such a review was a perceived inequity in the valuations of flocks culled, particularly those dealt with early in the process relative to those culled at a later date.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020