REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Walsh defends department's valuation of Cooley sheep
The Minister for Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Mr Joe Walsh TD, has defended his Department`s approach to the valuation of sheep culled on the Cooley Peninsula in the context of the Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) outbreak there. Minister Walsh explained that the policy of the Department, as provided for by law, is to pay the market value of animals culled for FMD reasons. Following representations from the IFA when the cull in Cooley was at an advanced stage, the Department had accepted that certain sheep farmers appeared to have a case for review of their initial valuations. The Department made a commitment that it would conduct such a review along lines which were generally understood. The basis of such a review was a perceived inequity in the valuations of flocks culled, particularly those dealt with early in the process relative to those culled at a later date.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016