REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Walsh Defends Live Export Trade At Agriculture Council In Luxembourg
At a meeting of Agriculture Ministers in Luxembourg today, the Minister for Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Mr Joe Walsh TD, supported a Council resolution calling for the effective implementation and strict enforcement of existing animal transport legislation as well as new initiatives to improve animal welfare and to prevent the spread of infectious animal diseases. He also agreed in principle with calls by a number of Ministers that the rules in relation to the assembly, movement, identification and traceability of animals need to be reviewed. In particular, the Minister supported in principle proposals from the Netherlands for the improvement of rules in relation to the design, hygiene and administration of assembly centres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry