REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Walsh Defends Live Export Trade At Agriculture Council In Luxembourg
At a meeting of Agriculture Ministers in Luxembourg today, the Minister for Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Mr Joe Walsh TD, supported a Council resolution calling for the effective implementation and strict enforcement of existing animal transport legislation as well as new initiatives to improve animal welfare and to prevent the spread of infectious animal diseases. He also agreed in principle with calls by a number of Ministers that the rules in relation to the assembly, movement, identification and traceability of animals need to be reviewed. In particular, the Minister supported in principle proposals from the Netherlands for the improvement of rules in relation to the design, hygiene and administration of assembly centres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti