REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Walsh Defends Live Export Trade At Agriculture Council In Luxembourg
At a meeting of Agriculture Ministers in Luxembourg today, the Minister for Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Mr Joe Walsh TD, supported a Council resolution calling for the effective implementation and strict enforcement of existing animal transport legislation as well as new initiatives to improve animal welfare and to prevent the spread of infectious animal diseases. He also agreed in principle with calls by a number of Ministers that the rules in relation to the assembly, movement, identification and traceability of animals need to be reviewed. In particular, the Minister supported in principle proposals from the Netherlands for the improvement of rules in relation to the design, hygiene and administration of assembly centres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target