USA: Wampler extends product recall
Pilgrim's Pride subsidiary Wampler Foods yesterday [Sunday] expanded a voluntary nationwide recall of cooked deli products produced at its Franconia, Pennsylvania, facility between 1 May and 11 October 2002. Wampler took this precautionary action immediately after learning from the United States Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service that environmental sampling suggested the continued presence in the plant of the strain of Listeria in the 9 October recalled product. Wampler has ceased operations at the Franconia plant.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs