USA: War over spud bug
USA: War over spud bug The United States has slapped a ban on potatoes from Prince Edward Island near Quebec in Canada after the potato wart fungus was found in a small section of one field. The US Department of Agriculture issued the ban eight weeks ago when the wart fungus was first discovered. Hopes that the ban would be lifted this week were dashed when the Americans said that they would open their borders to Prince Edward Island potatoes only if certain restrictions were accepted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast