USA: War over spud bug
USA: War over spud bug The United States has slapped a ban on potatoes from Prince Edward Island near Quebec in Canada after the potato wart fungus was found in a small section of one field. The US Department of Agriculture issued the ban eight weeks ago when the wart fungus was first discovered. Hopes that the ban would be lifted this week were dashed when the Americans said that they would open their borders to Prince Edward Island potatoes only if certain restrictions were accepted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival