UK: Warburtons adds rolls to Half & Half line
Half & Half Sliced Rolls join Warburton's Medium and Toastie loaves launched late last year
UK baker Warburtons has extended its Half & Half bread offering further with the launch of sliced rolls.
Half & Half Sliced Rolls join Warburton's Medium and Toastie loaves launched late last year. The baker said it is hoping the launch will drive further growth in the half and half sector, which is currently worth GBP202m (US$321.8m), according to figures from Nielsen.
The launch will be supported by TV advertising through to March. The products are available to multiple and convenience retailers and have an RRP of GBP1.23 per eight-pack.
Following the successful launch of Warburtons Half & Half Medium and Half & Half Toastie loaves, which contain a blend of white and wholemeal flour and are a source of fibre, the UK's number one Bakery brand is expanding the range with the launch of its new Half & Half Sliced Rolls.
Supported with TV advertising from January to March, the launch will allow retailers to further take advantage of rising consumer demand for Half & Half products with a range from a brand that consumers know and trust. The new Half & Half Rolls are expected to drive further growth within the Half & Half sector, which is worth £202 million and has already grown by 7.4% in unit terms and 10.2% in value Nielsen, Total Coverage Value and Unit sales, 52 w/e 08.11.12.
Warburtons has a 24.9%1 value share of the Wrapped Bakery sector and aims to grow the overall category as well as drive Bakery consumption with the launch of the new product. The Half & Half range has particular appeal to parents seeking to balance their children's need for tasty options with their own desire to ensure they are getting the nutrients they need. As with the Half & Half Toastie and Medium loaves, the Half & Half Rolls are made with 50% wholegrain and 50% white flour so have all the taste credentials of white bread whilst providing additional nutrients of wholegrain for a balanced diet.
Darren Littler, Director of Innovation, says: "Consumers continue to demand products that deliver on both their taste and nutrition needs so the expansion of the Half & Half range will help retailers capitalise on this trend and the growth in the Half & Half sector. Combined with the Half & Half Toastie and Half & Half Medium loaves, our new Half & Half Rolls provide more choice within the range and are ideal for a nutritious lunchbox."
The packaging of the Half & Half Rolls retains the colour cues of the existing products in the range, Warburtons Toastie loaf and Medium loaf, and will feature a ‘New' flash. The new Half & Half Rolls are pre sliced for maximum convenience.
The new product will be widely available to multiple and convenience retailers from early 2013. Each pack contains 8 sliced rolls at a MRSP of £1.23.
Original source: Warburton's
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report